If you’ve ever browsed our Instagram Page, you would notice that we love doing travel photography ourselves and a lot of us here at StuCred possess an innate passion for it. But with every post that we make, we’re always debating amongst ourselves on what makes a good travel page and what doesn’t. In our quest to maintain a good Instagram presence based on travel, we’ve learned a wide variety of things when it comes to getting the best picture possible which we would like to share with you today. So without further ado, here is a list of tips you can use to spruce up your Travel Instagram:
- Natural Light Over Artificial Light: Try to get up early in the morning if you’re very serious about maintaining any type of photography page. Sunlight provides a more natural look to your photos as compared to photos taken with light from stage lamps or flood lamps. If you really want to see the difference for yourself, look at some pictures you’ve taken yourself and compare the lighting in these pictures to the lighting present in your passport photos. There’s a good reason why many people don’t really look that great in photos taken for their identification documents.
2. Look At The Work Of Others: Photography is an art and if you’re pursuing it avidly, you’re considered an artist. As an artist, you have the responsibility of appreciating works of art done by other artists like yourself. But most importantly, you gain the opportunity to take some inspiration from works done by other artists. Look at portfolios by other photographers, read some books and even listen to some classical music. You never know, good ideas are hidden in everything that we come across in our daily lives. But if there’s one thing I want you to take from this point, it’s that inspiration is your best friend when it comes to photography or any other kind of art form you’re thinking of pursuing.
3. Travel Light: We’ve seen photographers that lug around a big bag filled with every possible lens and stand you could get for a camera, only to use maybe one or two different lenses at most to take their photos. This is not only inconvenient but also completely unnecessary. Take one lens for capturing images of far off objects (A zoom lens) and one that can take close up photos (A prime lens). Keep this tip in mind especially if you’re trying to take some photos while hiking or trekking although traveling light, in general, will make things easier and subsequently, a lot more fun.
4. The Flash Is Your Worst Enemy: Imagine that you’re the Avengers and the camera flash is Thanos threatening to wipe out half of your Instagram followers. The flash was originally supposed to be your lighting option for when it is dark, but most of the time all it does is give you a weird exposure look on your photos. Use natural lighting if you’re looking to take a decent picture.
5. High Ground And Vantage Points: Have you ever seen a panoramic shot of a city and its skyline? These types of photos are both beautiful to look at and easy to shoot too. Find yourself a good spot from which you can see a sizable part of the city. If you’re looking for a spot like this, just ask around or even look it up on google. You’ll be bound to find a good position from which you can take such panoramic photos eventually.
6. Do Not Give Excuses: This point is mainly for the ones that believe that they cannot take a good picture without having an abnormally expensive camera with all the necessary accessories and lighting. Take a look at the two pictures below:
One was taken with a phone camera and the other was taken with a Nikon DSLR which can retail for up to 2 lakhs depending on the exact model. Though we can clearly see that one photo is better framed than the other, the actual quality of the images are barely different. Smartphones are constantly being released every year and each new edition possesses a better camera than the last one. This excuse would’ve worked back when smartphones didn’t exist or weren’t as popular but it is definitely not a valid one right now. We’re here to say that if you do have an innate passion for travel photography and blogging, there is nothing that can hold you back from doing so. Just grab your phone, take a random bus and click pictures. That’s all there is to it really.
There are several more tips and tricks that you will learn about taking photos as you get more and more familiar with the way that cameras work. But with this being said, we hope today’s article was helpful to you.
Looking to travel but you’re fresh out of cash? Take a look at our app and see if we cater to your college.
Tags:travel instagram tips, how to create a travel instagram account, How to create a successful instagram travel account, best travel instagram accounts india, A Guide On Making The Best Travel Instagram Page