If you’ve ever stayed in a hostel room in college, you’d know one thing for sure; the hostel rooms provided by colleges are rather plain and often dull. Most colleges expect students to introduce their own personal touch when it comes to setting up and decorating their dorm rooms. But as a student fresh out of high school, it may be a little difficult to figure out how to really spruce up your dorm room; especially if you’re not aware of some of the cool products that are specifically produced for college students and their living requirements. Maybe you’re a new student looking to figure out the essentials for hostel life or maybe you’re someone who’s looking to do up their college dorm room after living in it for a year or two. Regardless of what you’re searching for, these products are definitely worth checking out at the very least. So without further ado, here are 8 awesome things you can get for your dorm:
- Mini Coffee Maker: These coffee makers are perfect for someone who’s looking to make a quick cup of coffee in the morning. Look out for similar coffee makers that are designed to make a single cup of coffee at a time. These mini coffee makers are convenient to handle as well as easy to use making it a great buy for any hostel student.
2. Noise Cancelling Headphones: If your someone that lives with a roommate in your dorm, springing for a pair of noise-canceling headphones will give you that added bit of privacy and comfort when you need it. The only downside is that many of the available noise-canceling headphones in the market are quite pricey but if you do get the opportunity, you won’t regret buying them.
3. Portable Power Bank: Its always important to keep your phone charged, especially when you’re going outside. However, your day can get quite busy sometimes and as a result, you may not get an opportunity to charge your phone adequately. Which is why you can never go wrong with a power bank. Having a portable charger with you will be an added sense of security and comfort when it comes to your phone.
4. Dictionary Book Lockers: A cheaper alternative to your regular locker, Dictionary book lockers are highly convenient for college students as they look like any other piece of study material that any student would have. You can literally hide this in plain sight and no one would be able to tell the difference unless they already know about your dictionary locker. Use it to keep your important things like your keys and passport safe.
5. Bedside Pouch: A very handy way to keep your everyday essentials such as your stationary and notebooks. Bedside Pouches are a very easy and cheap way to expand your storage space and we recommend that you get one if you don’t have a particular place to keep your stationary or notebooks.
6. Glow-in-the-dark Stars: If you’re looking to add a little bit of flair to your room, glow-in-the-dark stars are an excellent type of decoration that is also available at cheap rates online. However, do be wary of the hostel rules as some colleges may not allow students to put up their own decals or decorations in hostel-rooms.
7. Laptop Desk: If you’re someone who likes to use their laptop in bed, this is definitely the product for you. Whether it’s writing an assignment, listening to music, watching some movies or even just browsing the net, a laptop desk will allow you to do all of these things while you’re lying down in a comfy bed. A huge recommend for you college students who don’t feel like leaving your bed on the weekends.
An additional tip would be to frequent shops and marts close by or within your college campus as well. You never know what deals you may find.
We hope this article has been helpful to you. And once again, thanks for reading!
Looking to buy something new for your dorm but don’t have enough money? Use our app to get instant money. Download here: StuCred App
Tags-Awesome Things You Can Get For Your Dorm Room, cool dorm gadgets, coolest dorm room accessories, cool dorm room stuff for guys, dorm room essentials, cool room ideas for college guys, cool guy room accessories